Saturday 31 May 2014

Crave & Covet #1

I was inspired to do this by seeing a post on Miss Makeup Magpie about what the writer, Gemma, calls a "Lusting List". She gives a small list of items that she's got her eye on, and I thought, "Why not?" After all, I'm always seeing a heap of things that I find especially drool-worthy and these might not be things that I buy in a haul all in one go (or maybe they will be, who knows!), but they are things that I really, really want.

So, let's get it started!
Lipstick Queen Medieval Tinted Treatment | $29.95 -- I can't lie, it's the name that's drawn me in. I love, love, love medieval history. If a makeup brand brought out a line of lipsticks or glosses named after medieval figures, I would buy every one. I'm seeing this lip tint as something that Snow White's stepmother would've kept in her evil lair for touch-ups in between brews. It's got a conditioning formula that's supposed to be sheer with a red shade that's flattering on all skin types.

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub | $16.95 -- I love the Flake Away body scrub by Soap & Glory, but I keep eyeing this one off every time I'm in Kit! It's made with brown sugar and lime, which sounds absolutely delicious (not that I'd necessarily eat it!). I've still got two other scrubs to get through, but can you have too much body scrub? I didn't think so.

Too Faced A La Mode Eyeshadow Collection | $53.95 -- I've been lusting after this ever since Danielle reviewed this palette on her blog a little while ago, but I wasn't sure if Australia would ever get it because it's more of a spring/summer palette. What I'm really excited about is 'Monaco', the hot pink colour which makes me think of "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" (I'm not the only Marilyn Monroe fan, right?). My two other palettes are neutral-based, and I think it would be really fun to experiment with some bold colours. It's on sale for $43.60 from Beauty Bay (down from $53.80), or $45.51 from Tarazz (but you'll want to take shipping costs into consideration).

Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder | $84.95 -- I've wanted this for a while too. I feel like I'm on the quest for the perfect powder product and this powder has been drawing my eye for weeks. I swatched the  'Light/Medium' shade at the Kit counter and it seemed to perfectly match my skin -- I definitely had an "Oooh!" moment. Unfortunately, this is a really expensive product, which was what stopped me from buying this the day I saw it.


MAC Maleficent Lipstick | $38 -- I've had my eye on this lipstick ever since I heard about it on Makeup and Beauty Blog. I loved watching Sleeping Beauty as a kid, it was probably by second favourite Disney movie! When I saw this shade of colour, I just thought, "Woooah." Of course, it's a price tag that packs a punch, but then again -- makeup is an investment (plus it's sold out -- the most effective deterrent out there).


MAC Maleficent Lipglass in "Anthurium" | $45 -- Okay, so the question is: do I need this gloss when I already want the lipstick? Do I really need this gloss when it's so expensive? The answer is no, I probably don't, buuut this is a crave list, not a necessity list! That being said, I don't have a red lip gloss and when push comes to shove, I'd ditch lipsticks for glosses. Also, it's sold out so it doesn't look like I'll be getting it any time soon.

So what are you especially craving for right now?

Sarah xo

No comments:

Post a Comment