Tuesday 27 May 2014

Myer Haul #3

In my last Myer Haul post, I briefly wrote about my Mother's Day gift to my mother, which was for us to get our makeup done at MAC! My mother was definitely surprised (she hadn't seen it coming!) and we had a great day out, which we haven't done for a while. We each bought heaps of stuff, a lot of it from the MAC counter. I'll include pictures from the websites these products come from, because the picture I took is of my usual camera-phone quality.

See what I mean?
Without further ado, let's get this started!

Out of Trouble® 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin
Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask to Rescue Problem Skin - I've wanted a mask for a little while, and the girl at Kit Cosmetics recommended this one to me. It's suited to oily skin, and it supposed to remove excess oil, refine the skin and clear the skin. I've used it twice already and I like it generally, although I'm still trying to decide if it does everything it claims to. You can pick this up from Kit for $34.
 

 
Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipsticks in "Icon" and "Raven". -- I'm not going to go into any detail about this product, as I wrote a review on it here. Icon is a blue-toned deep red with a matte finish; Raven is an orange-based bright red with a matte finish. You can get them for $42 each at Mecca Cosmetica.
 
 
MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 Liquid Foundation in "NW20". -- This was the foundation used on me by my MAC artist and so far I'm pleased about how it works. It gives me a nice, clean coverage, although it has an initial scent that I'm not very fond of. It's $49 from MAC.
 
 
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in "Medium". -- This is a powder that is supposed to provide low coverage if used alone, but can also be used to set foundation. I use it as the latter, and so far it works pretty well but I'm not sure if it's my favourite powder product. It has a really nice clear plastic top, which has been known to break. MAC in the US have recently relaunched it with sturdier packaging, although I'm not sure when this is coming out in Australia. It's $47 from MAC.
 
 
MAC 215 Medium Shader Brush -- I have wanted this brush for the longest time! I've seen brushes like these used heaps of times in YouTube tutorials, and I kept thinking about how it would be great in refining my Padawan techniques. I've only used it once so far, when doing my aunt's makeup a week or so ago, but I was impressed by how it neatly placed shadow under her lower lashline. It's $48 from MAC.
 
 
MAC Bronzing Powder in "Matte Bronze". -- Contouring is something I'm really unfamiliar with, so I wanted a really good product to practice with. My good friend Danielle recently wrote a post about highlighting and contouring, which is great because, as helpful as YouTube videos are, I sometimes need something written down in order to help me understand it! This is $39 from MAC.
 
Have you used any of these products recently?
 
Sarah xo
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment