Wednesday 16 July 2014

You're It! The Interrogation Beauty Tag

I can't lie -- recently I've hit a little bit of Writer's Block on the blogging front. For me, getting over that means a combination of time away and trying to push through it, so I've been looking at other blogs to see what else people are writing about! I saw this beauty tag on Oh So Rosie! and she nominated everyone who read her to do their own. I do enjoy answering these sorts of quizzes, so I thought, "Why not?"

It's been a while since my customary dodgy-quality selfie! Hiii!

1. What is the one product you'd grab if your house was on fire?

It would probably have to be Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara. I find that I could survive without anything else if I had to, but a decent mascara is necessary!

2. Which beauty blogger would you want to do your makeup?

I'm not sure if she's a professional makeup artist or not, but Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog. I'm constantly in awe of the looks that Chanel-loving, MAC-adoring friendly neighbourhood cat lady is coming up with.

3. What celeb people do people think you look like?

A surprising number of people have told me that I look like Maggie Siff, who plays Tara on Sons of Anarchy. I don't watch the show, but I've looked at pictures and I'm not sure I really see it.

 It's a huge compliment, but... Look at her cheekbones! To die for!

4. What beauty product do you save for date night?

It'll be a perfume! I wear perfume all the time, and it depends on what I wear usually, but I'll likely bust out Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise on a special occasion.

5. Which of your guy friends take longer than you to get ready?

I don't really have many guy friends... But even if I include my brothers, I don't think any of them take longer than me to get ready -- probably because they've got much less time to work with than I do!

6. If you could create your own miracle beauty product, what would it be?

Oh gosh, I don't know! I'm pretty sure that there exists something to suit every need that I have, and I just haven't found it yet (or is that my own naivety?). Maybe a nice under-eye cream.

7. What's your best beauty tip?

I don't think I've been in the game long enough to have any of my own beauty tips to give! Hmm... It might be to invest in a really high-quality razor. Life is way too short, and your skin is way too precious, to use only cheap disposables.

8. What beauty products do you love to splurge on?

Eyeshadows, lipsticks, foundations... Just about anything, I think, if the quality is up there!

9. Which beauty bloggers would you bring on a shopping spree?

Danielle, hands down, no questions asked. That girl is an enabler and if I'm ready to go shopping, I'm ready to be enabled.

10. What is your signature scent?

It'd be either David Beckham's Intimately Beckham For Her or Gwen Stefani's G in the Sea.

11. I am on an endless quest for the perfect...

Foundation! I want something that gives me great coverage in a perfect shade that doesn't sit too heavily on my skin after a few hours. I think I might be onto one at the moment, but I do not want to count my chickens just yet.

12. How many beauty products does it take to get you ready?

It depends on if I feel like wearing anything and how much I want to put on. I tend to do a full face when I put on makeup because I'm still practicing with so many different techniques. I guess I could use... maybe 8 or 9 products? Maybe more if I feel like taking a couple of extra steps. That being said, if I'm lazy and I only want the bare minimum, 2 or 3 products do me just fine.

13. What lipstick/lip gloss is in your purse right now?

At the moment I've got CoverGirl WetSlicks in "Clear Radiance" (which I used to add a glossy finish over some lipsticks), Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in "Crystal Clear" (which I use on its own), and L'Oreal Paris Glam Shine Reflexion Gloss in "Sheer Pink". I've just switched out to a new bag though, so give me a couple of weeks and I'll have another half dozen products in there!

14. Who is your celebrity beauty icon?

Jena Malone and Perdita Weeks. I love them. That is all.

15. Name the beauty brand you'd most love to be a spokesperson for.

Maybe... Too Faced? I'm not too sure, but I always to covet their products when they bring out something new. If I have to go with a domestic brand, maybe Chi Chi -- which is a weird choice because I don't actually have any of their products. Yet.

16. What's your current nail polish?

MAC Maleficent polish in "Flaming Rose" with an Essie topcoat. It's a beautiful colour but the quality has been very disappointing.

17. Favourite mascara right now?

Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I feel kinda bad about that, I didn't think I could love anything more than L'Oreal Paris Butterfly Wings mascara!

18. The last thing you bought at Boots?

I have no idea what Boots is. My last makeup purchase was at Priceline, however!

19. I try never to be seen without wearing...

Mascara or a BB cream, at the very least.

20. What's one beauty product you'd always recommend?

Oh gosh... I'm going to say mascara, because there are drugstore varieties which, in my opinion, can be just as good as some high end products. If you're not sure if the one you're looking at is for you, read reviews! On the label site, on blogs, on YouTube... Look at the positives and negatives, and get an informed opinion.

If you've read this, then I tag you to do one on your own blog! Leave me a comment below when you have so that I can take a look at it, or send me a tweet @sarahliz92.

Sarah xo

1 comment:

  1. Ah I'm so going to do this! I love tags but I can never decide which ones to do :p

    ReplyDelete