Tuesday 5 August 2014

You're It! The TMI Tag

I think I am addicted to tags. I see them now and I'm say to myself, "I MUST DO IT!" This one also came from Jaq Stevens' Lazy Days Beauty blog (she has already promised to tag me in all future tag posts -- but some, like the British Tag, I understandably yet sadly cannot fulfil). Here's to hoping my brutal TMI honesty doesn't make anybody gag as much as I'm sure Season 4 Episode 8 of Game of Thrones did.
Awesome webcam quality photo of me and Claflin when he was but a wee kitten.

What are you wearing?

I've got my generic uni warmers on -- jeans from JeansWest, an embroidered white single (probably from Big W), a jumper from Big W and a delightfully warm hoodie from Big W. I like Big W.

Ever been in love?

Once upon a December.

Ever had a terrible breakup?

No, not really. I've been quite lucky that way.

How tall are you?

I am 5'5". I know we use centimetres in Australia, but feet and inches just work so much better with me when it comes to height.

How much do you weigh?

I have literally no idea. It's been ages since I last weighed myself, but I was pleased with what I saw then.

Any tattoos?

Hell no, I can't even go inside a tattoo parlour. It's not that I'm opposed to tattoos, I'm just very opposed to needles.

Any piercings?

Yes, my earlobes. Generic and boring.

OTP?

Please do not get me started on OTPs. I'm pretty sure that I have too many. Jamie and Claire from Outlander, the Doctor and Rose from Doctor Who, Georgiana and Harry from that ITV Titanic mini-series... I could go on forever. A surprising OTP for me was actually Jon Snow and Ygritte from Game of Thrones, because I've been very, very careful to keep myself emotionally unattached -- or so I thought.

Favourite show?

Doctor Who, without a doubt. Also... Midsomer Murders (or probably any British crime show), The Mindy Project and Game of Thrones. I expect Outlander will become a very quick favourite when that airs!

Favourite bands?

This is another hard one. Of Monsters and Men, I think, because I've got mostly their stuff going through my head at the moment. Also The Shoe, Florence + The Machine, Mumford & Sons, Of Monsters and Men, Bastille and Spice Girls. Don't judge me, the Spice Girls are awesome.

Something you miss?

My phone camera. I have no freaking idea what I did, but my phone camera just will not work and it's impeding my Instagram life!

I don't really miss people, as such, even people I'm close to -- it's probably because I'm lucky enough to still have those people in my life. This will most likely start to change once my best friend jets off to Indonesia.

Favourite song?

I have two at the moment: "Indian Lover" by The Shoe and "Dirty Paws" by Of Monsters and Men.

How old are you?

22. Bring on as many Taylor Swift jokes as you like, I've done them all myself!

Zodiac sign?

Gemini. Delightfully delightful.

Quality you look for in a partner?

I have no idea -- probably that ever-clichéd ability to "get" me. My best friend and I have joked that it'll mean finding a guy version of her -- this means she'd probably hate him, which would be hilarious.

Favourite quote?

I have two:

"You don't have to fit in. No matter where you go, you're always going to be you and if they don't like you for who you are, then what's the point of being someone else?" --Jena Malone

"Well done on having a cat face for literally every emotion." --My best friend.

Favourite actor?

Jena Malone and Perdita Weeks.

Favourite colour?

Green, all the way -- particularly the Granny Smith apple kind.

Loud music or soft?

It depends, doesn't it? If I'm home alone, I'll play my music loud as I'm going about the house doing chores or whatever, because it's not a public nuisance at 10am and there's nobody home to be freaked out by my dancing! If people are home, however, it'll be soft or I'll wear headphones -- not everyone likes my music, so I won't force them to listen.

Where do you go when you are sad?

It took me a while to think of this, but my room. The walls are painted blue and I found out that blue is supposed to be relaxing and calming, so perhaps that's why.

 

How long does it take you to shower?

Cue embarrassed laughter, because it's a long time! I think the quickest I can be is about 12 minutes -- I have this really bad habit of forgetting about time when I get in! If I'm washing my hair it takes longer (because there's so much of it) and longer again if I'm shaving (because I'm so lazy). It's why I always take a shower last, to make sure everyone else gets a turn at the hot water first! How I managed when we were only allowed to take 4 minute showers, I have no idea.

 

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

It depends, really. I think I'm a slow mover and I like to take my time, so it can be anywhere between an hour and two hours -- most of that time is spent umm-ing and ahh-ing over what to do with my makeup. If I'm on the ball, I can be done within 30 to 45 minutes, and if I'm in a real pinch I can take half that time.

Ever been in a physical fight?

Not as such, but I have smacked people across the face several times.

Turn on?

No idea. Actually, yes idea. Facial hair. Not a huge amount, mind, I'm not going to go for a guy who's in training to be the next Dumbledore or Gandalf -- but you know what I mean, right? Sometimes glasses, too.

Turn off?

When guys are too smart or too stupid -- it drives me up the absolute wall.

The reason I started blogging?

To try and make a long story very short, I tried out a recipe for pad thai several months ago and it was disgusting. It was salty, you see. Salty as balls. I ate it but I had this incredible urge to write about the recipe and tell people not to use it! That, and my growing fascination with makeup (being fostered like a flame by Danielle), ultimately led me to the creation of this blog.

Fears?

Syringes. I have a severe psychological aversion to needles (helpfully called trypanophobia). It's a real problem, because we had to have vaccinations in high school and as soon as I found out I'd break out in huge tears that wouldn't stop until well after I'd had the vaccination itself. I honestly don't know what it is, because with the exception of typhoid (or tetanus or whatever it was) they've never hurt, but there's something about them... I have to close my eyes when they come on TV and I have to leave the room if my family start talking about it, because otherwise I'll get panicky and I'll start crying.

 

Last thing that made you cry?

Writing that answer about bloody syringes.

Last time you said you loved someone?

This morning, I think, or yesterday -- to my mum.

Meaning behind your blog name?

"Diary of a Beauty Padawan" -- I'm a complete beginner when it comes to makeup, but I'm slowly learning the ways of the Beauty Jedi Masters (who I call Yodas), thus making me a Padawan!

Last book you read?

I last finished "Voyager" by Diana Gabaldon.

The book you are currently reading?
I'm currently almost halfway through "Drums of Autumn" by Diana Gabaldon. I've had to put aside the Alison Weir book to begin with. I'm also meant to be reading two or three other books for uni, but... ahem... I haven't started yet.

Last show you watched?
Pretty Little Liars. Sorry not sorry!

Last person you talked to?
Face-to-face -- my brother Daniel. Not face-to-face -- Amy.

The relationship between you and the last person you texted?
Amy -- she's my best friend! We're exactly the same, except complete opposites. The only way to understand it is to meet us both together.

Favourite food?
I have no idea. It used to be chicken curry but that's almost a staple dinner at my house now, so... I don't know anymore! What's happened to me?

Place you want to visit?
Two places are on my serious Bucket List: Cornwall in England, and Malta. This is because that's where most of my ancestral heritage is from, and I would absolutely love to spend a few years burrowing through records and seeing where my past family members grew up!

Last place you were?
Are we talking overseas or domestic? If we're talking overseas, it was the Cook Islands. If domestic... home. I'm currently at uni!

Do you have a crush?
No, not a real one. Have you seen Sam Claflin, though?

Last time you kissed someone?
I think I may have kissed my mum on the cheek at some point in the past week -- that counts, right?

The last time you were insulted?
I have no idea, not for a while. I don't think I'm insulted very easily. I'm so not bothered by things that I'm more likely to unwittingly insult someone else before I'm insulted.

Favourite flavour of sweets?
When people say "sweets" in Australia, we tend to think of hard sweets like butterscotch, instead of lollies and chocolate. I don't really go for those sweets if it isn't chocolate, so I don't have a clear favourite.

What instruments do you play?
I don't play anything, but at one time I used to sing. For the record, if I tried to sing now, I'd sound like a cat screeching at another invading cat.

Favourite piece of jewellery?
My ear cuffs. I love ear cuffs.

Last sport you played?
Does Zumba count? Otherwise, we're talking softball, and that was back when I was 15.

Last song you sang?
"Oh the grand old Duke of York, he had ten thousand men. He marched them up to the top of the hill and he marched them down again! And when they were up, they were up. And when they were down, they were down. And when they were only halfway up, they were neither up nor down."

I sang that in the shower last night and I have no idea why.

Favourite chat up line?
I do not have a chat up line!

Have you ever used it?
See the above.

Last time you hung out with someone?
Last night, my best friend and I went to Zumba -- that counts as hanging out for us.

Who should answer the questions next?
Anybody with the letter "A" anywhere in their name! If you do and you've already done the tag, feel free to skip it. Otherwise, let me know when you've completed it, so that I can check out your answers!

Sarah xo

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love your humor, and *High five* I'm a Gemini girl as well <3 I loved the tag and the idea of it ad since my name is "Hajir" (yup you don't see that name everyday hah) I guess I will do the tag soon^_^

    www.beautylish-life.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo, high fives for Geminis! I'll keep an eye on your blog, I can't wait to see it! :)

      Delete