Monday 20 April 2015

Mecca Beauty Loop L3 Unboxing

What's a post on my blog if not a late post? I received my Beauty Loop box from Mecca Cosmetica around the same as I got my February Bellabox, and I did the same thing with it as the subscription box -- I put it in a drawer for safe keeping and promptly forgot about it. I'm surprised that this post didn't write itself up any quicker, because I was actually really impressed with the items that I received.

Don't get me wrong, there's usually at least one stand out item in every box that I've gotten, but this particular box had some seriously awesome stuff that I wouldn't try purely because of the price tag attached. These are things that I'm not going to be able to afford until I'm earning a full-time wage!


Tocca Eau de Parfum - "Cleopatra" || Cleopatra is one of my favourite historical ladies of all time -- although I'd wager that she's a favourite of many -- so I'm pretty excited to wear this out and about! (See also: at work, because I never go anywhere else.) I've been really into sample perfumes lately because they're so handy to take with you on the go. I can quickly dab some on myself for a quick pick-me-up during the day without having to carry around a big glass bottle. These fragrances by Tocca retail at $92 for a 50ml bottle, making this 1.5ml sample worth about $2.76.

Verso Super Facial Serum || I've also really been into serums for a little while, if only to use up all the little samples that I've been getting. I haven't tried this yet, but it's supposed to be a great anti-aging serum that can be used on a daily basis. Now, anti-aging isn't necessarily a quality that I need, but I love the Lancôme serum sampler that I got late last year -- I'm determined to get every bit out! -- so I enjoy comparing serums to see how they make skin look. A 30ml jar costs $159 (ouch!), so my 2ml sample is worth $10.60. Jeepers!

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner - "Moray" || I now have so many eye liners that I'll never need to buy another one again, but Moray is a pretty interesting colour that I don't really have. It's a kind of metallic olive-y/khaki green that is really neat for adding flair without being overdramatic -- great for an everyday look! It seems as though I received a full-size product as well, making it worth $26, but if the website is any indication, it doesn't seem like you can get Moray from Mecca online.

Mecca Cosmetica Hands On Transforming Hand Cream || Hand cream is something I'm honestly not huge on -- I don't like how my hands feel, even if they are as smooth as the underbelly of a hippo. Still, this is supposed to make your hands feel like cashmere, so I don't mind putting it on my hands every now and then, especially because the feeling didn't last. (So, if you're into super moisturised hands, this might not be your thing.) I got a 30ml tube, and a 100ml tube is $40, making my sample worth $12.

By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder || By Terry is one of those brands that I won't be buying until I have stable, full-time work, so I love when I get their products in my Beauty Loop box. As I understand it, this is supposed to be a kind of overall setting powder, but this sample jar is so small that I need to use a small flat foundation brush -- so I pat it gently on the areas where I tend to get shiny. A 10g jar of this will set you back $79, and I got a 1.3g jar worth roughly $10.27.

Beauty Loop Box Value: $61.63

This has been one of the most impressive Beauty Loop boxes I've ever received from Mecca, and it was worth more than double that of the most recent Bellabox! (That post is still to come -- so it'll probably be published when Jon Snow takes the Iron Throne.) I'm really excited to try out all of these products too, and they have the potential to be products that I'll find myself re-purchasing once my funds allow it.

Have you tried out any of these products before?

Shae xo

No comments:

Post a Comment