Monday 21 March 2016

Lip Monthly | February 2016

Hello, gorgeous humans! It has been a very, very busy month and a bit for me so far -- you'd think that being on placement might mean that I might have more time to myself in the evenings, meaning a little more time to write up a few posts or take a few pictures on the weekend.

Yeah, you'd think that, and you'd be wrong.

So many first world problems going down at Diary of a Beauty Padawan right now.

Today I'm comin at you with an unbagging (which I will probably now call "unzipping", because it sounds less lame) of my February Lip Monthly bag! This bag did indeed arrive in the last week of February, so it was well on time -- it's just been my insane schedule that has prevented me from writing up on it.

Let's take a look at what showed up in my mailbox late last month!

Lip Monthly February 2016

February's products showed up in an awesome little orange bag with red roses scattered all over -- not usually my personal aesthetic, but I'm not going to turn up my nose at easy storage space! I've got the little zipper bag from my January delivery in my bag with a couple of mirrors in it (I swear they're like bobby pins -- they keep disappearing!) so I've since passed this one onto my mother.

She likes orange and red quite a bit.

Let's take a look at what else arrived in my bag!

Seraphine Botanicals Vegan Berry Tint - "Cherry Cream" || This is described as a liquid blush for lips and cheeks, and almost half of the ingredients are supposedly natural. As the name suggests, it's vegan, but it's also free of mineral oil, parabens, and phthalates, and it isn't tested on animals -- amongst many other things. It has a doe-foot applicator (is that what it's called? I swear sometimes I hear a different name) and there appears to be a slight scent. I feel like it's kind of sweet and artificial, like something I've smelled before. I haven't worn it yet, so I don't know how well it applies, but I'm more likely to wear it on my lips than on my cheeks. I received a little 4.5g bottle that retails for $18 US.

Prim Botanicals Lip & Cheek Glow - "Radicchio" || Another lip and cheek product! As with the tint above, I'm probably only going to use this on my lips, simply because I haven't quite mastered the application of cream and liquid blushes. I think the packaging also makes it difficult to apply to the cheeks, as there are two colours set out like a mini lip palette. I can see myself dipping into it with a lip brush, but not really getting it to my cheeks. Who knows, perhaps it'll be a point of experimentation for the blog! This product is also free of mineral oil, parabens, phthalates and gluten (because apparently gluten is a thing in makeup these days) and it isn't tested on animals. This is a little 2g palette that retails for $22 US.

Harvey Prince Organics Sincerely Body Cream || Yet another organic product! I'm normally not a body cream person -- it's essentially a thick moisturiser for the body, and who can be assed applying such a tedious product? That being said, this seems to be thinner than most body creams I've come across, and it has a very light, delicate floral scent. I actually think that it's a product I might get some enjoyment from! A 12 ounce bottle retails for $24, and I received a 15ml tube worth about $1.

NYC Expert Last Lip Color - "Creamy Caramel (440)" || I had thought that perhaps this month's bag was all about organic products until I pulled out this lipstick. I know that it's a drugstore brand, thus probably not entirely animal friendly -- but we have drugstore brands in Australia that manage to usually be cruelty-free, so it wasn't outside the realm of possibility. Oh well. This appears to be a really nice brown-nude shade, which is great because lately I've been all about them nudes. Whereas my typical go-to colours are bright reds and pinks, I've toned it down a lot lately (mostly due to laziness) and so this lipstick is going to fit awesomely into my growing collection! I received a full-sized product that retails for $1.99.

Cost: $12.95 US (~ $17.02 AU)
Lip Monthly Bag Value: $42.99 US (~$56.52 AU)


Prim Botanicals Lip & Cheek Glow
Prim Botanicals Lip & Cheek Glow -- how would you not want dip a lip brush into this?
All in all, I'm pretty stoked by this month's bag! I feel that it might be worth noting that the site does claim to send 4 or 5 lip products every month -- so far I've received four products, with one of them being not remotely related to lips at all, but I'm only two months into my subscription and that's not really much indication of a pattern. My March bag should be arriving on my doorstep within the next week, and I think we'll start to get a feel of a pattern when it does!

If you want to check out what I received in my January bag, you can find my unzipping over here.

Do you own many organic lip products? Have you used anything from these brands before? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment